Designed for mammalian and insect cell culture, superior to traditional shake flasks making shake cabinets a much more efficient space in the lab.
Thomson Optimum Growth™ Flasks (patented) for mammalian and insect cell culture come in multiple sizes of 125mL, 250mL, 500mL, 1.6L, 2.8L and our popular 5L. They are superior to traditional shake flasks due in part to the fact that they support a 50-60% fill volume versus 33% fill volume making your shake cabinet a much more efficient space.
- Available in 5 different sizes (125mL, 250mL, 500mL, 1.6L, 2.8L and 5L)
- Gives excellent growth
- Space saving capability
- Individually packaged and sterilized
More on Thomson Instruments
Thomson Instrument Company has been serving the pharmaceutical and life science industries since 1970. Their lasting commitment to provide customer satisfaction and quality products has enabled them to maintain a solid reputation throughout the industry. Thomson’s range of innovate consumables and equipment help make your lab more efficient. Their filter vials speed up prep and analysis, while their patented optimum growth and ultra high yield flasks with AirOTop seals provide the perfect environment to enhance cell growth. Their range of well plates represent a cross section of plates for many different needs.
Emma’s take on this product
Technical Sales Specialist
Convenient: Thomson flasks are available for both Mammalian cell culture and microbial applications. There is a wide range of accessories making them extremely convenient and safe to use in the lab. Transfer caps allow for sterile fluid transfer and special seals allow for optimal gas transfer.
Performance: Thomson flasks have been developed to be scaleable, with a wide range of sizes available. Benefits include high aeration, low foaming and high fill volumes thus saving space in your incubator. Whatever the cell line you’re cultivating, Thomson flasks give excellent growth.
Did you know?
Thomson make two distinct ranges of flasks – Ultra Yield are for microbial cultures and Optimum Growth Flasks are for mammalian cell cultures.
Make an enquiry
- Baffles designed for high aeration and low shear to maintain cell viability
- Same footprint as comparable Fernbach flask but with a 50-60% fill volume
- Less foaming than disposable Fernbach potentially eliminates additives
- 0.2μm Vented Cap simultaneously maintains high gas exchange and sterility
- Transfer cap option connects directly to cell bags or bioreactors with multiple connection options
- Scalability from 125mL up to 5L lets you mix and match different flask sizes in your shaker greatly improving space efficiency
- Individually packaged and sterilised for immediate use
Please contact us for data with CHO, HEK 293, Insect Cell Lines, and Hybridoma.
The flasks can be closed snug using the AirOTop seals. These seals are designed to fit on the flask-tops. Aeration caps are also available for long-term use on flasks for applications such as CHO and other suspension cell growth procedures.
Product Numbers for Thomson Optimum Growth Flask
|SIZE||Number per pack|
|5L – 4 per case||931116|
|5L flask sterile with port – 4 per case||931116-PORT-E|
|5L multiported flask||931116-PORT-E-TRT|
|2.8L – 6 per case||931114|
|1.6L – 12 per case||931113|
|500mL – 25 per case||931112|
|250mL – 50 per case||931111|
|125mL – 50 per case||931110|